This page will define potentially unfamiliar terms specific to ESU and Elder Scrolls lore.
Entries follow the format of "Term: Definition"
- Aedra: (sing: Aedroth) literally "our ancestors" in the Altmer tongue, refers to one of the two groups of immortals who participated in the creation of Nirn, and who gave all their power or nearly all of it doing so. Deified as the Eight Divines (the addition of Talos to the pantheon making them the Nine Divines)
- Ayleid: Race of Mer that inhabited the Nibenay Valley, and built the White-Gold Tower
- Daedra: (sing: Daedroth) literally "no our ancestors" in the Altmer tongue, refers to the second group of immortals who participated in the creation of Nirn, who left early in it's creation, and went on to create their own world, the Planes of Oblivion. As Daedra are not of Nirn, they cannot be killed, only temporarily banished (these banishments can last centuries or even millennia, depending how much power the Daedra used).
- ESU: Acronym for Elder Scrolls Universalis.
- Elves: the simple (considered a slur) term to refer to Mer
- Et'ada: these are "original spirits", who are worshiped and feared as Gods and Demons, and as the Aedra and Daedra. Originate when time began and came to understand their previously static and unchanging existence.
- Man: umbrella term for humans, and tend to have skills in martial skills
- Mer: the umbrella term for all elven races, common traits include pointed ears, skill with magic, and long lives
- Mundus: creation, the universe, the various planes of existence
- Nirn: Fictional planet on which the mod Elder Scrolls Universalis takes place. It refers to all existing provinces on map, however, Daedric Planes formally do not belong to it. Nirn was created by the Aedra under the organization of Lorkhan.
- Tag: Refers to the three character code used to reference unique countries in EU4. Can also be used as a general term for a country in EU4.
- Technical State: AI controlled country, that is separated from the Nirn by Wasteland. Controls some ESU mechanics. Cannot be conquered or integrated in other way, as it will lead to gameplay bugs.